Transportation Manager-Charlotte, NC
Type of Position:
- Exempt (Salary) ● Full-Time/Regular
The Transportation Manager should have thorough knowledge of supply chain management and an understanding of warehouse procedures, including storing goods, dispatching orders and tracking transportation vehicles. Familiarity with safety processes and legal regulations is also essential.
Ultimately, the Transportation Manager will ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely, and within budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and supervise the shipments from production to the end-user
- Schedule daily and weekly routes
- Track orders using functional systems (e.g. dispatch/tracking software)
- Coordinate with Warehouse Workers to ensure proper storage and distribution of products
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
- Conduct regular safety audits on equipment
- Organize training sessions for employees (e.g. Smith System, monthly safety training, weekly, tailgate messages)
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of proper safety practices
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Familiarity with logistics software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities
- High school diploma
- BS in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field is a plus
Physical Requirements & Environment
- Stand or sit
- Office Setting in warehouse
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.