Administrative Assistant-Kansas City, KS
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As an Administrative Assistant, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide front desk coverage, including managing a busy, multi-line phone system, greeting guests who enter the office, managing incoming/outgoing mail and shipments, and maintaining an organized, clean office environment
- Manage and maintains files, records and correspondence both hard and digital copies
- Manage the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Prepare customer invoices and AP check disbursements for mailing
- Manage scanning into the company imaging system to support branch level operations, including sales notes and routing freight jobs
- Provide support to various departments
- Ad hoc projects to support various branch and corporate departments
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Time management
- Ability to problem solve
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email [email protected].