Assistant Buyer/Receiving Clerk
The Purchasing/Receiving Department is a fast paced, high volume atmosphere. The primary goal of the Inventory Control/Receiving Assistant is to assist in evaluating, ordering, and managing stock as well as receiving shop orders.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must possess proper communication skills (oral and written), basic mathematic knowledge, and reasoning abilities. The individual must work with fellow employees as a cohesive team and sharp attention to detail are required. A willingness to learn new procedures on an on-going basis is required as processes are reviewed and improved to meet the demands of growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shop Order / Processing Receiving
- Set up and receive shop processing orders
- Auditing and performing needed corrections based on what was actually processed versus setup.
- Review and verification of cost prior to inventory system upload; often requires interpretation of user input notes tied to the specific order/item.
Purchasing / Buyer
- Understand how material is purchased and vendor base.
- Maintain stock and execute buys base on stock levels, lead times, and business levels.
- Learn customer base and how it affects purchasing needs and decisions.
- Assist in switchboard coverage when needed.
- Assist in scanning and setting index values to Sales Notes, etc. as needed.
- Assist in distributing inbound mail.
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email [email protected].