We are looking for a reliable Dispatcher to act as a communication point for our Drivers. You will receive requests, transmit messages and track vehicles. The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator and able to remain calm and composed, especially in emergency situations. You must be able to multi-task as well as take the appropriate action with little supervision. The goal is to enable different parties to communicate well by ensuring the accurate and timely transmission of information.
- Coordinate and route all deliveries and pickups
- Communicate with drivers’ daily responsibilities
- Troubleshoot issues between sales, warehouse, and drivers
- Receive emergency and non-emergency calls and record significant information
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions
- Receive and dispatch orders for products or deliveries
- Prioritize calls according to urgency and importance
- Monitor the route and status of drivers to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
- Identify the difference of warehouse orders, incoming Purchase Orders, and Processing Orders
- As assigned by management
- Flexibility to work with interruptions
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Must have ability to effectively communicate in a professional and consultative manner, both orally and in written form, to a variety of audiences
- Possess a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Proven experience as dispatcher or relevant position
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of relevant methods
- Fast typing with experience in data entry
- Knowledge of procedures and guideline for emergency situations
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
- High school diploma
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email [email protected].