Lansa Developer - Peachtree Corners, GA
Phoenix Metals Company has an immediate opening for a Lansa Developer at our Peachtree Corners, GA location. The Lansa Developer is responsible for developing a relationship with the business unit to fully understand a project and implement a solution to meet their needs. A certain level of business analyst capabilities will be required. This position will also fully support the Lansa Framework environment; applying patches and updates as needed.
- Design and implement solutions for enhancements, bug fixes, and new Lansa applications
- Resolve complex issues for supported applications and propose recommendations to improve existing processes
- Develop and maintain system documentation during project lifecycle
- Maintain and update Lansa Framework environment as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field or an appropriate combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience with Visual Lansa V14
- Application programming experience on the IBM System i/iSeries/AS400 technology platform
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, oral and written communication skills
- Availability to work occasional off-hours and on-call production support
- Ability to provide first level of advice/assistance on procedures and work methods for programmers and business solution developers
- Ability to define, design, upgrade, and patch technology solutions.
- Ability to identify and participate in issue resolution and process refinement, challenging existing solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to broaden technical, functional, and industry skill base and to keep current with industry information
- Ability to read and understand CLLE, RPG III, RPG IV, RPG Free, RPGLE, and SQL is a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email [email protected].