Lead Cut-to-Length Operator-Hammond, IN
The Cut-to-Length (CTL) Operator is assigned to production and is responsible for running the Cut-To-Length Line. The primary goal of this position is to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
This position requires an individual to be reliable and able to work with attention to detail. Working as a cohesive team with fellow employees is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up machine (calibration, cleaning, etc.) to start a production cycle.
- Read job orders and cut sheets to determine cutting dimensions.
- Feed material into machine.
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed).
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
- Adhere to all safety rules/standards.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Stand or sit
- Use of hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position)
- Stoop, kneel, crouch
- Lift and or move items
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange information)
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, estimate, assess)
- Repetitive Motion
- Pushing or pulling
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.