Operations Manager-Richmond, VA
The Operations Manager maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with Company policies and vision
- Setup layout of material and ensure efficient space utilization
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping requirements
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; follow up on work results
- Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- As assigned by management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Proven work experience as an Operations Manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands-on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong and independent decision-making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email [email protected].