Stainless Steel Purchasing Agent- Peachtree Corners, GA
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for making independent decisions that directly affect inventory levels and material costs and indirectly affect Gross Profit percentage and inventory turns. They also communicate effectively with sales force and other purchasing contacts, company-wide, to support their requirements with specific customer special inventory, as well as overall needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for acquisition of materials, supplies, and services.
- Enter shop orders and schedule deliveries for material.
- Researches sales records and inventory levels of current stock, and stay current on any changes in either the supply of, or demand for needed products and materials.
- Ensure company inventory is maintained in accordance to company policies.
- Support Sales to help facilitate new sales opportunities.
- As assigned by management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email [email protected].