Type of Position:
- Exempt (Salary) ● Full-Time/Regular
To promote, develop and establish a positive safety culture within the Company. Responsible for reducing hazards and ensuring a safe working environment by providing programs that promote a safe workplace.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitates compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) guidelines. Implements OSH policies and develops programs to ensure enforcement of OSH policies. Intervenes in unsafe activities and operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains employee training programs and employee training records, and develops, updates and manages workplace safety programs, procedures and policies.
- Inspects working conditions and equipment to ensure all activities are compliant with safety guidelines as required by local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- Directs accident investigations, investigates safety violations, determines root causes, maintains records of safety-related incidents and proposes corrective actions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of proper safety practices
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email [email protected].