Corporate Safety Specialist 1-Peachtree Corners, GA
Type of Position:
- Exempt (Salary) ● Full-Time/Regular
This job is in the Safety job family (Department), which covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing work involving safety, health, and environmental issues anticipating, dealing with, eliminating, or controlling hazardous conditions, exposures, and practices. These hazards may result from human error, equipment, or machine operation and may lead to injuries or damage to property or the environment. This position reports to the Corporate Safety Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting strategies, processes and program development designed to promote and achieve a safe and healthy working environment.
- Conduct safety compliance audits for compliance to OSHA General Industry regulations 29 CFR Parts 1902, 1903, 1904 & 1910-Occupational Safety & Health Standards and the Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. Policy and Procedures manual for Safety & Environmental Health.
- Produces Corrective Action Reports based upon audit findings and prioritizes action plan and follow up, as well as monitors progress and completion of noted corrective actions.
- Coordinates, supports, educates and trains onsite management in the development and implementation of their safety processes and techniques, when necessary, that continues to guide, elevate and advance operational ownership of their safety process.
- Promotes and assists with operations Accident Prevention Programs, Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis / Determination for effective Corrective Action.
- Monitors OSHA Recordable Accidents / Injuries, Incident Rates and Severity Rates monthly.
- If/when required, assists management with follow up evaluations of progress made relating to corrective actions.
- Develops & implements site-specific training programs to reduce workplace accidents.
- Assists each location to properly record workplace injuries on OSHA 300 log.
- Responsible for helping instill a company-wide culture of safety by management engagement, coaching employees, and promoting commitment to employee safety.
- Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
- Manage safety training schedule and provide training requirements to branches monthly.
- Distribute updates to safety training schedule, policies, and procedures in a timely manner.
- Coordinate safety related conference calls on Microsoft Teams and keep detailed minutes.
- Organize and maintain safety shared drives with up-to-date documents and files.
- Compile data from various sources to generate tools, dashboards, and reports for management.
- Manage and administer safety related software at a corporate level for the following:
- KPA EHS
- iAuditor by SafetyCulture
- Brady Link360 LOTO
- Maintenance Connection
- Provide basic technical support for local admins.
- Deliver software training to employees via video calls, recorded tutorials, and/or detailed documents.
- Improve procedures and structure within software to maximize efficacy and data collection.
- Assist and follow up with branches on the completion of assigned tasks tracked by software.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
· 0-5 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and safety or operations experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
· High School diploma/GED required.
· Knowledge of Data Analytics, OSHA Compliance, Safety, etc. practices and key trends required.
· Knowledge of Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.’s Policies and Procedures for Safety & Environmental Health preferred.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
· Ability to exercise discretion when handling sensitive information required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including innovative and engaging ways to convey messages across the organization required.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail required.
· Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including analysis, knowledge and experience, and judgment required.
· Ability to initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, building trust and open lines of communication across the organization required.
- Strong computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
Travel required up to 25%
Physical Requirements & Environment
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email [email protected].