Transportation Manager-Peachtree Corners, GA
Phoenix Metals is looking for a Transportation Manager to plan and coordinate our daily product shipments.
To succeed in this role, you should have thorough knowledge of supply chain management and an understanding of warehouse procedures, including storing goods, dispatching orders and tracking transportation vehicles. You should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations.
Ultimately, you will ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
- Plan and supervise the shipments from production to the end-user
- Schedule daily and weekly routes
- Track orders using functional systems (e.g. dispatch/tracking software)
- Coordinate with Warehouse Workers to ensure proper storage and distribution of products
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
- Conduct regular safety audits on equipment
- Organize training sessions for employees (e.g. Smith System, monthly safety training, weekly safety training, daily tailgate messages)
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Familiarity with logistics software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities
- High school diploma
- BS in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field is a plus
- Transportation Management: 5 years (Required)
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.