Transportation Supervisor/Lead Driver-Hammond, IN
Promote strong safety culture within driving fleet by conducting safety training and positively influencing drivers. Required to run local flatbed routes on as-needed basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist drivers with flatbed load securement
- Inspect equipment and coordinate equipment maintenance
- Conduct safety training and coach drivers on safe driving practices including riding with drivers
- Keep stock of maintenance/securement supplies
- Run local flatbed delivery routes as needed. Estimated 35% of the time will be spent running delivery routes
- Assist the Transportation Manager with routing
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must hold valid class A CDL
- Flatbed experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of proper safety practices
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities
Phoenix Metals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY IS THE LAW – click here for additional information.
If for any reason you require assistance with your application, please call 770-447-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.